Monday 8 February 2016

MAY - JUNE 2015 SCHOOLISM WORKSHOP PART 4

Here is my final creation for the Schoolism workshop. It was a long month and very tough but I did get a lot out of it. Not only the actual class but also the realisation to just how important continuing my artistic education is. Going back to uni in 2002 was a life changing experience and despite having some great opportunities it's easy to become stagnant. Looking back at a lot of my work I cringe and wonder if I was ever developing! Still it's all part of my journey and wouldn't change any of it; It's the people I met too, the contacts I made and everything I've created good or bad, has led me to this point.

There's no such thing as a stupid mistake...unless you keep doing it!


Anyway, 2015 has been a great year for me so far as I established myself as a freelancer again and this was an essential experience for me. My plan is to invest a portion of my earnings into an educational fund and do something like this every year.

Initial digital thumbs-


Final value study-


Final digital colour pass plus image references -



First part of tonal underpainting-





Colour glaze being applied over sepia values -




Final painting (dried!). It survived the flight home and is now framed in my front room :)



No comments:

Post a Comment