Monday 20 February 2012

FEB 2012: AFter hours part 1!

I really miss my Sketchoholic sessions but since starting full-time work and doing long commutes home I've found plenty of excuses to not do art after an honest days work. I've recently felt frustrated with my personal work/ ability and put it down to the fact that I'm not being challenged or pushing myself. I need to do more, so it starts with this speed painting (actually there's a few days of miserable attempts to get back into it but they ain't going up!).
I treated myself to Big Huge Games' 'Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning' last week. The Beautiful environments and awesome creature design soon had me inspired and firing up the Wacom! There's some creatures called Bogarts; vicious tribal dudes with wooden masks. This is my Bogart, without it's ritual mask.

1 comment:

  1. hey Matt! I've been enjoying looking around your blog. I love your work, especially your exhibited paintings! And your characters have a lot of personality :)
    That's awesome that you're doing personal work, I'll keep coming to see more!

    ReplyDelete